- Manufacture from new with special materials.
- Re-cut and re-pinion.
- Induction hardening of new and remanufactured systems
- Field inspection, evaluation and installation of the finished product.
- Size: 15m (50ft) & 2.5m face x 15m dia.
- Hardness: to 52HRC (500BHN).
- Quality: AGMA 10 (DIN 5).
- 1.SG Iron.
- 2.Cast Steel.
- 3.Austempered SG Iron.
- 4.Forged Fabricated.
- 5.Forged Fabricated Induction Hardened.
Regardless of OEM design, the use of forged steel fabricated girth gears is the best alternative to overcome cast steel cracking problems. Forged steel gives the highest crack and impact resistance.
HOFALLOY FORGED MATERIAL
Hofalloy 1 Forged Gear Rim Material conforms to:
- 1.AGMA 2001 Grade 2 specification.
- 2.Hardness 330 – 360 BHN.
- 3.3:1 Forging Reduction.
- 4.Induction Hardenable.
- 5.Site weld repairable in the event of a catastrophic mishap.
STOCKED INSURANCE SPARE MATERIAL
One stock plate material can be used to suit a variety of gears On Site:
- 1.FORGED HOFALLOY plate can be used as an insurance spare to cover many different girth gears.
- 2.Reduces manufacturing lead time.
- 3.Lowers insurance premiums.